Still searching for a way to meet that cute girl? Stop listening to your friends for dating advice and look to your music library. Everything you need to say to meet women is right there, recorded by lyrical maestros like Luke Bryan, John Legend, Maroon 5, Ne-Yo, Taylor Swift, Usher, and, of course, One Direction.
We’ve chronicled “Great Song Pick-Up Lines” in the past, but the last few years have been especially rich for pick-up line magic, so we’re at it again.
For instance, you could go the Prince Charming route and, like Ne-Yo, offer to help a cutie with her problems. (“Don’t be afraid, let me heeeelp.”) Just take it from Harry Styles and the boys of 1D, flattery will get you nowhere. Instead, insult her friends! Example: “Your friends, they look good, but you look better,” (from “Stole My Heart.”)
Here are more of the Best Song Pickup Lines, from the earnest to the endearing, followed by some of the Worst Song Lyrics that are, welp, just too funny too ignore. Find some you like and make a pick-up line playlist of your own with our store-and-play service MyMusicCloud.
10. “Saw you there and I thought, ‘Oh my God, look at that face,’ You look like my next mistake!” Taylor Swift, “Blank Space”
9. Don’t be afraid to give your heart to me, And if you do, I know that I won’t let you down, no,
so hand it over, trust me with your love,” Maroon 5 and Gwen Stefani, “My Heart Is Open”
8. “If you don’t wanna take it too far then, well, you better stop flirtin’ and stop twerkin’
So perfect, cause it’s workin’,” Kid Ink & Usher, “Body Language”
7. “You’re so contagious, I can’t take it, have my baby, let’s just make it. Excuse me. What’s your name?” Jay-Z featuring Pharrell, “Excuse Me, Miss”
6. “Girl, let me love you and I will love you until you learn to love yourself, Girl, let me love you
And all your trouble, don’t be afraid, girl, let me help.” Ne-Yo, “Let Me Love You”
5. “If you need some love tonight, Then I might have just enough, I ain’t as good as I once was,
But I’m as good once … as I ever was.” Toby Keith, “As Good As I Once Was.”
4. “Give your all to me, I’ll give my all to you, You’re my end and my beginning, Even when I lose, I’m winning.” John Legend, “All of Me.”
3. “Oh, it gets so critical, We become caught up in the trivial, My dear, we’re both a bit too cynical, Come close, I’ll give you something spiritual,” Neon Trees, “Love in the 21st Century”
2. “I know we only met, but let’s pretend it’s love,” One Direction, “Live While We’re Young”
1. “Girl, you got a smile like a devil on my shoulder, Tempting me sayin’, ‘Honey, come over right now, right nowww,’ I know I shouldn’t wanna, but I think I’m probably gonna,” Luke Bryan, “Your Mama Should’ve Named You Whiskey”
5 Worst Song Pickup Lines
“Your body is a temple, It might just be the Temple of Doom, Got an Indiana Jones for you, Baby, There’s a challenge for my Doom,” Santana featuring Miguel, “Indy”
“Why you gotta be so rude? Don’t you know I’m human too?” Magic! “Rude”
“They’re callin’ me an alien, a big-headed astronaut, Maybe it’s because your boy, Yeezy, get ass a lot,” Kanye West & Katy Perry, “E.T.”
“What rhymes with Hug Me?” Robin Thicke, “Blurred Lines”
“Is it weird that your ass remind me of a Kanye West song?” Jason Derulo, “Trumpets”