Ready for some country-style holiday cheer, y’all? If December doesn’t feel complete without soaring sopranos and big gowns, then “CMA Country Christmas” is the TV special for you. The cheerful, 2-hour singalong returns at 9 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 20, to ABC with country’s top voices singing some of the most beautiful holiday songs of the season.
Sugarland’s Jennifer Nettles once again hosts this year’s concert with Little Big Town, Brett Eldredge, Sara Evans, Alan Jackson, Dan + Shay, Hunter Hayes, Brad Paisley, LeAnn Rimes, Michael W. Smith, Carrie Underwood, and even Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler (dueting with Brad for “Run Rudolph Run”).
If that’s not jolly enough to pique your interest, consider LeAnn singing the silvery “Carol of the Bells” (watch below), Carrie joining Christian singer Michael W. Smith for a mesmerizing duet of “All Is Well” (from his new holiday album “The Spirit of Christmas”) and Jennifer singing hits like “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town.”
Later, Disney darling Idina Menzel performs “White Christmas,” the melodic “Do You Hear What I Hear?” and then teams with Jennifer to belt out, of course, her unstoppable hit from the movie “Frozen,” “Let It Go.”
All this Fa-La-La-La fun reminds us of some of our favorite old country holiday songs, plus some new ones that just came out for winter 2014 (noted below). Here’s what’s on our MyMusicCloud Top 10 Country Christmas Song Playlist.
10. “Go Tell It on the Mountain” – Sara Evans from her new album “At Christmas”
9. “Hard Candy Christmas” – LeAnn Rimes from her new album “One Christmas: Chapter One”
8. “Last Christmas” – Taylor Swift
7. “Where Are You Christmas?” — Faith Hill
6. “Run, Run Rudolph” – Luke Bryan
5. “White Christmas” – Martina McBride
4. “Do You Hear What I Hear?” — Carrie Underwood
3. “Santa Looked a Lot Like Daddy” — Brad Paisley
2. “Christmas in Heaven” – Scotty McCreery
1. “Please Come Home for Christmas” – Darius Rucker from his new album “Home for the Holidays”
Watch LeAnn Rimes sing “Carol of the Bells”
Upgrade to MyMusicCloud Unlimited today and get an extra 10% off: use the Promo Code “FORYOU” at checkout