If you have a Smart TV, you already know you can log into Facebook and Twitter, watch YouTube videos, and stream movies on your TV screen. But did you know that you can also access your entire music collection on it too?
It’s totally true. Our MyMusicCloud app makes your music library available on all Samsung Smart TVs (the most popular brand), so you can play your favorite songs, make party playlists, or check out the latest releases from your favorite singers right from the comfort of your couch.
So how does it work? Once you have a free MyMusicCloud account, it’s simple to tap into it from your Smart TV. On Samsung TVs, just go to the Smart Hub and follow these steps:
1. Click the Smart Hub button on your remote control. If you don’t see the MyMusicCloud app on the front page of your Smart Hub, go to “Samsung Apps.” Press the down button to highlight the text box for searching, then use the voice controller to say the app name, or type it in with either a blue-tooth keyboard or your remote control.
2. Once you see the MyMusicCloud TV app, click it. You’ll see a TV activation URL (format: www.mymusiccloud.com/XXXXX). The activation code is embedded in the URL; it’s the letters and digits after the ” / ” in the URL.
3. Type this URL into a browser on your computer, cellphone or tablet. If you choose a mobile phone, it sends you to the App Store or Google Play to download the MyMusicCloud app. Download it. (Note that this URL is only valid for 1 hour, so if you get up to make snacks, text or answer a phone call and an hour passes, you’ll need to close the app on your TV and reopen it to get a new URL.)
4. Sign in to your existing MyMusicCloud account with your usual login and password, or create a new account by clicking “Sign In” on that same screen where you entered the URL. (For first-timers, learn how to import your music by reading this step-by-step post.)
5. Check out your TV screen: It should now show that your account’s active and your music will be right there, ready to browse and play. (If it doesn’t work, post a message in our comment section and we’ll try to help.)
Not sure what a Smart TV is exactly? It’s really any TV that has internet access built in so you can watch video on demand, use social networks and search the web. But only those branded “Smart TVs” have dashboards that can download apps from stores like Google Play (otherwise you’ll need a second device like Chromecast or a gaming console to reach your favorite apps). Check your TV manual for more details.
For Samsung Smart TV owners, here’s a quick video on how to use your Samsung Smart Hub …
Having trouble? Get personal help from our Support Team by filling out this form …