April Fool’s Day is Monday (you’re welcome, pranksters) and in honor of this illustrious holiday we’ve collected more of your Funniest Misheard Song Lyrics for the second installment in our LOL series.
In our first post, MyMusicCloud readers came up with misunderstood lyrics like See that girl, watch her scream, kicking the dancing queen… for Abba’s “Dancing Queen,” and Michelle ma belle, some say monkeys play piano well for The Beatles’ “Michelle.” (Read it here.)
This time, we received some even funnier phrases like, Some nights I stay up cussin’ in my bathtub, for Fun’s “Some Nights” and, Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters, some with cankers, some with goiters, for Elton John’s “Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters.”
But even if you’ve never sung, She was a fax machine, she kept her modem clean, to AC/DC’s “You Shook Me All Night Long,” you can still use the lyrics-finding feature on our amazing, cloud-based music delivery service to learn the words to your favorite songs.
Want to know what Justin Bieber’s really saying when he sings, I could be your Buzz Lightyear, fly across a goat? Just hit the Lyrics button while listening to the song on MyMusicCloud.com and it fetches the correct words for you instantly. Plus you can play, pause and re-start your music across nearly any device.
Without further ado, here are more of our readers’ Funniest Misheard Song Lyrics. (Share your own in the comments section at the bottom and we’ll publish it next time.)
10 Funniest Misheard Song Lyrics
10. BILLY JOEL “We Didn’t Start the Fire” Wrong Lyric: We didn’t start the fire, it was always burning, said the worst attorney. Right Lyric: We didn’t start the fire, It was always burning, Since the world’s been turning. – From Kandyce
9. FUN “Some Nights” Wrong Lyric: Some nights I stay up cussin’ in my bathtub. Right Lyric: Some nights I stay up cashing in my bad luck – From Amanda
8. STEELY DAN “Hey Nineteen” Wrong Lyric: The Queer Won’t Go, To Find Colombia, Make Tonight a Wonderful Day Real Lyric: The Cuervo Gold, The fine Colombian, Make tonight a wonderful thing – From David
7. MAROON 5 “Moves Like Jagger” Wrong Lyric: I got the moves like dragons! Right Lyric: I got the moves like Jagger! — From Eeyoraus Earthmuffin
6. CREEDENCE CLEARWATER BAND “Bad Moon Rising” Wrong Lyric: There’s a bathroom on the right Right Lyric: There’s a bad moon on the rise … — From Howard
5. RIHANNA. “S&M” Wrong Lyric: ‘Cause I may be fat, but I’m perfectly good at it… Right Lyric: ‘Cause I may be bad, but I’m perfectly good at it… — From Lisa
4. MEN AT WORK “It’s a Mistake” Wrong Lyric: It’s Summer’s Dayyyy. Right Lyric: It’s a Mistaaaake — From Joe M.
3. CULTURE CLUB “Karma Chameleon” Wrong Lyric: Come on, Come on, Come on, Come on, Come on, Corneliaaaa! Right Lyric: Karma, Karma, Karma, Karma, Karma Chameleon – From Julie
2. ELTON JOHN “Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters” Wrong Lyric: Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters, some with cankers, some with goiters Right Lyric: Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters, sons of bankers, sons of lawyers. – From Allen
1. COLDPLAY “Paradise” Wrong Lyric: “He threw a paira paira paira dice.” Right Lyric: She’d dream of Para-para-paradise – From Alex G.