Last month, we got great feedback from you about our top 10 Valentine’s Day playlist. We wanted to follow up with another 21st century “mix tape”—this one geared toward getting fit!
As with all MyMusicCloud playlists, this one can start at home while you’re gearing up for your workout. Switch to your mobile phone, and your songs will continue playing in one seamless stream as you stretch, warm up, and get into the meat of your workout.
We wanted to start you off with a few suggestions. Here are our staff’s top 10 favorite workout songs:
10. “Party Rock Anthem” (LMFAO): Rap madness. Check. Mental dancers—gyrating. Check. Internal cheering section. Check! You really can’t listen to this song and not shake it…
9. “I Gotta Feeling” (Black Eyed Peas): This is the 21st century party track.
8. “Get the Party Started” (Pink): Continuing on the party theme….Pink brings it on all registers.
7. “My Life Would Suck Without You (Kelly Clarkson): This is our workout tribute…to love.
6. “It’s My Life” (Bon Jovi): That sinister growl, those liberating lyrics! This really should be our national anthem!
5. “Assassin” (Muse): This song is what would happen if every guitarist were skilled enough to treat his instrument like a drum set.
4. “Sex on Fire” (Kings of Leon): What’s a really rockin’ run or workout if it doesn’t feel a little like sex on fire?
3. “Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)” (Beyoncé): The ubiquitous 2008 pop tune makes a comeback—on your headphones!
2. “Becoming Insane” (Infected Mushroom): You’ll feel like you’re in a daytime nightclub…being DJ’d by a crew of Japanimation characters.
1. “Killing in the Name (Rage against the Machine): Remember the primal scream? It’s back! in a song.