Ever notice some of the crazy things guys will say to meet girls? For a taste, look no further than your MP3 player, because there are plenty of comical pick-up lines in music. From The Beatles’ quaint, “I wanna hold your hand,” to the Cataracs’ questionable, “Your daddy must have been a drug dealer, Why? – ‘Cause you dope,” some of the sweetest, and silliest, come-on lines have emerged from the lips of singers.
Here at MyMusicCloud, we spend a lot of time thinking about music. Not just about how to make it easier for you to store your music library on our cloud-based music delivery service and sync it across any Mac, PC, tablet or mobile phone so you can listen to it on- or off-line wherever you go.
But we also love to come up with ways to make music more fun and shareable – like our “Lyrics” function, which lets you instantly see the words to all of your favorite songs with the touch of a button. That’s how we came up with this recent post on the 10 Funniest Misheard Lyrics. And now, we’re counting down 10 of the Best Pick-Up Line Songs from Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe” to more obscure tracks like The Bloodhound Gang’s ridiculous 1999 hit “The Bad Touch.” (Hint: Think mammals.)
When it comes to charming the ladies, sometimes the straight approach works, but as the late Notorious B.I.G. observed, “Most of these fellas think they be mackin’, but they be actin’, who they attractin’ with that line, ‘What’s your name, what’s your sign?’”
Sometimes, a more creative approach works. Tell us in the comments section if these lyrics make you chuckle, and share some of your own best and worst musical pick-up lines with us!
10. “Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but can I get your number, and call you maybe?” Carly Rae Jepsen (“Call Me Maybe”)
9. “Is it cool if I hold your hand? Is it wrong if I think it’s lame to dance? Do you like my stupid hair? Would you guess that I didn’t know what to wear?” Blink 182 (“First Date”)
8. “Since we in the club for now, for now, Might as well get another round, round, Notice there ain’t nothing in your cup, So get here, baby, let me fill it up, fill it up” Trey Songz (“Say Aah”)
7. “Somebody told me that you had a boyfriend that looked like a girlfriend that I had in February of last year,” The Killers (“Somebody Told Me”)
6. “Hey, yo, fat girl, C’mere – are ya ticklish?” The Digital Underground (“The Humpty Dance”)
5. “You may be right, I may be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic you’re looking for,” Billy Joel (“You May Be Right”)
4. “You and me, baby, ain’t nothing but mammals, so let’s do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel,” The Bloodhound Gang (“The Bad Touch”)
3. “Hey, girl, hey, where ya goin’? Come back and sit back down, You look too good to be heading home so early now, You say you gotta work tomorrow, Got a lot on your mind, Let me buy another round, Girl, I think you and I should just drink on it,” Blake Shelton (“Drink on It”)
2. “Hey, hey, you, you, I don’t like your girlfriend, No way, no way, I think you need a new one! Hey, hey, you, you, I could be your girlfriend,” Avril Lavigne (“Girlfriend”)
1. “I’d like to walk you through a field of wildflowers, I’d like to check you for ticks,” Brad Paisley (“Ticks”)