Hey Jack, it’s a fact, the show’s back in town. And, by show, we mean America’s favorite pro sport, football! So break out your favorite jerseys and beer koozies, and get ready to drop that bass, because we’re going to help you make a killer football song playlist.
But first, it helps to know what the real grid-iron gangstas are listening to. Billboard.com recently polled several pro-football players about which songs made their pre-game football playlists, and the answers are pretty surprising.
Sure, there was a lot of T.I., Drake, Wiz Khalifa, and Young Jeezy, but there was also Sum 41, Smash Mouth, and Everclear (from Minnesota Viking linebacker Audie Cole); some Whitney Houston and Sade (Really, Dallas Cowboy Justin Durant?); and a little Kaskade and Tiesto (Geoff Schwartz of The New York Giants).
But, seriously, football fans, even though hip-hop has been quickly eclipsing rock at many parking lot parties, Ozzy Osbourne, AC/DC and Florida Georgia Line are still holding their own. And some of the hottest rappers, like Eminem, are combining the two for even more basspower.
So, here are some of the best, classic, tailgate-crashing, stadium-rocking, football pump-up songs we could find, along with some new jams and some feel-good country anthems for the Boys of Fall.
Got MyMusicCloud? By importing any of these into your music collection, or buying them from our Music Store (starting at 19 cents), you can flag these to a portable Football Playlist in no time.
First, log in to your account from a computer or tablet, select the PLAYLISTS tab at top, and click “Create New Playlist.” Once you name it, open any track and hit the blue triangle that appears at the bottom right. Select “Add to Playlist” and highlight the list you want. Just like that, you’ll have the honeys dancing in their seats at the pre-game party too.
- Juelz Santana – The Second Coming
- The Rolling Stones – Sympathy for the Devil
- Kongos – Come with Me Now
- Eminem – Berzerk
- Kanye West GOOD Music — To the World
- T.I. featuring Eminem – Touchdown
- Meek Mill featuring Rick Ross – I’m the Boss
- DMX – X Gon’ Give It to Ya
- The Heavy – How You Like Me Now (Original)
- David Guetta featuring Sia – Titanium
- Jay-Z Featuring Rihanna, Kanye West – Run This Town
- Daft Punk – Harder Better Faster Stronger
- Jay-Z – Public Service Announcement
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (Dubstep Remix) – Can’t Hold Us
- Coolio – Gangsta’s Paradise
- The Notorious B.I.G. — Hypnotize
- Kid Rock – All Summer Long
- Florida Georgia Line Featuring Luke Bryan – This Is How We Roll
- Avenged Sevenfold — Hail to the King
- AC/DC — Thunderstruck
- Ozzy Osbourne — Crazy Train
- Bon Jovi — This Is Our House by
- U2 – Elevation
- Foo Fighters — My Hero
- Don’t Look Back – Boston
Watch Carrie Underwood kick off NBC’s “Sunday Night Football” as the Network’s New Anthem Singer